The 10 highest-paid jobs you can do from home
Fed up with the daily grind? These are the skills you need if you want to work from home
- Yahoo Finance UK/Fotolia – (Photo Yahoo Finance/Fotolia) Financial writing and contract drafting are some of the best paid jobs you can do from home
Moneywise – Thu, Jul 31, 2014 11:50 BST
It has identifed the top 10 most lucrative freelance occupations in the UK, by hourly rate.
1. Voice talent – £68.16 per hour
Voiceover artists are most commonly used for how-to videos, help guides and adverts. While some travel to a main studio to record scripts, many work from a home studio and send files electronically.
[7 ways to create more time in your working day]
2. Infographic design – £44.72 per hour
The skill of presenting complex information in a sharable way is highly sought after, says Elance.
3. Finance writing – £37.95 per hour
Financial writers compile analysis or market commentary for publications. They can also write blog posts for companies, write up annual reports and even pen books.
4. Contract drafting – £34.55 per hour
Contract drafters incorporate a business deal into a contract. This skill is highly paid as it requires a detailed knowledge of the industry to make sure the deal is legally sound.
5. Recruiting – £32.51 per hour
Many firms pass the complex task of hiring new staff over to freelancers. They will take over the process of attracting, selecting and appointing suitable candidates for vacant posts.
[Five things that have disappeared from the workplace]
6. Financial forecasting – £26.82 per hour
Businesses are increasingly employing freelancers to predict a company’s financial turnover within a given time period, usually one year. The work involves looking over a firm’s internal accounting and sales data, together with analysing external market and economic trends.
7. Electronic engineers – £26.16 per hour
These programmers plan the layout of the latest software and operating systems on your phones, tablets and laptops.
8. Spanish-English translation – £24.57 per hour
Translation is one of the fastest-growing skills required from businesses.
9. CV writing – £24.42 per hour
With the UK employment market on the up, job seekers have been outsourcing the job of sprucing up their CV to freelancers.
[Listening to music at work ‘can make you more productive’]
10. Pay per click – £23.97 per hour
This is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites. Freelancers earn income by becoming an advertiser who delivers pay per click traffic to different websites.
– All figures complied from January to September 2014.