Thursday, October 21

Prison guard electrocuted in Dhaka jail


 

 

 

A prison guard of the Dhaka Central Jail died this morning, electrocuted after he tried to dry his clothes in the sunlight on electrical wires. The deceased was identified as Ratan Khan.

He tried to dry his clothes on a string in the sunlight and came in contact with a live wire around 9:45am, said Farman Ali, senior jail superintendent of Dhaka jail.

On-duty doctors at Dhaka Medical College and Hospital declared him dead after he was rushed there.