Sunday, July 21

Our patience with Qatar has run out


 

 

Boycott of Qatar sends a message to Doha that our patience has eventually run out, Saudi Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir stated in a new tweet via the official account of the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

He said in the tweet that the demands sent to Qatar are nonnegotiable and that Saudi Arabia rejects Qatar’s support for terrorism and extremism which jeopardizes the security of the Kingdom and the region.

He said that Qatar did not abide by its commitments and did not fulfill its promises to stop supporting and funding terrorism as well as interfering in the internal affairs of neighboring states.

Jubeir said in a statement from the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Washington three days ago that any country in the world cannot accept the principle of funding extremist organizations and groups.

It is impossible to accept the payment of ransom money to terrorist groups such as Al-Qaeda and Daesh, he said.

Qatar paid $300 million to Shiite militias in Iraq, where most of the money is likely to be in the hands of the Iranian Quds Force.

I think most of the world will agree that this should stop, Jubeir said.

Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain and Egypt gave Qatar a July 3 deadline to respond to the previously announced demands, which include primarily stopping funds for terrorism and extremist organizations, and stopping interference in the affairs of other states.